Jackson chose the symbol moon for Moonwalker and the sun for Captain EO. Jackson didn’t only symbolize the sunrise on his DANGEROUS album cover from 1991. Jackson symbolized the course of the sun, dawn, twilight and darkness also in film, onstage and in his music.
The following text is an attempt to provide a translation. Mistakes are not excluded…
Previous article: In 1991 Michael Jackson released his DANGEROUS album. Hidden in the figure of the Dog King on the cover is „MJ“, the King of Pop Michael Jackson.
Previous article: The representation of the Dog King is inspired from the 1806 painting „Napoleon on the Imperial Throne“.
Jackson and Captain EO: the Moonwalker and the Sunking
Many things were said about Napoleon but he had a thing for calculated publicity. In 1804, the man crowned himself because he thought that it was good. But the Frenchman lacked the necessary creative imagination, so he decorated himself for the ceremony with fitting costumes and with foreign feathers: Napoleon copied the pompous script of his coronation from one of his predecessors: Louis the XIV. That man was particularly good at brilliant publicity and called himself „Sun King“.
Louis XIV had a preference for the sun and for gold. Ludwig was also a king of the arts and had a lot in common with the sunny, golden Dog King on the DANGEROUS album cover, who is representing another king: the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
Louis and Michael, these kings were dancers and artists. And „Roi Soleil“ had just like the King of Pop a passion for Apollo, the Greek god of the sun. Sun King Louis surrounded himself with gold and just like the King of Pop, with the symbol of the rising sun:
The King of Pop and the Sun King: „Great!“
A book entitled „48 Laws of Power“ was auctioned off in 2011. The book contains marketing strategies of the Sun King Louis XIV and tips on how to use symbols to play with the power over people. Among Louis‘ comments on the choice of his symbol of the Sun, Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, had noted the following: 1
„Look/ like Me and Military/Great on arm Band/ do this find an image“
The tips from the Sun King Ludwig in the paragraph marked by Jackson are as follows: 2
„You can play with images like these, weaving visual clues into an eccompassing gestalt (…) Establish a trademark like these to set yourself apart. Then take the game further: Find an image or symbol from the past that will neatly fit your situation, and put it on your shoulders like a cape. It will make you seem larger than life. „Because of the light it shines on the other stars which make up a kind of court around it, because of the just and equal distribution of its rays to all alike, because of the good it brings to all places, producing life, joy and action, because of its constancy from which it never varies, I chose the sun as the most magnificent image to represent a great leader.“
„the sun as the most magnificent image to represent a great leader.“
The King of the sun danced in the 17th century. The king of pop danced in the 20th century. Both chose the sun as the most glorious sign of great leaders:
Michael Jackson and the DANGEROUS Cover „a monumental portrait of the King“
The Sun King Louis is reported to be an artist. And a dancer. He loved and understood the theatre. Napoleon copied the Sun King and his symbols. But did Napoleon really understand the theatre?
Michael Jackson used symbols like Louis and Napoleon. And Michael Jackson also understood the theatre.
Painter Mark Ryden about Jackson’s DANGEROUS album cover from 1991: 3
„Similar to paintings of Napoleon or Louis IV(sic?), I want this to feel like a monumental portrait of the King.“
Jackson as Captain EO. EOS is Greek for Dawn
Not only in 1991 on the DANGEROUS cover but already in 1986 Jackson took the image of the sun and represented a great leader: Jackson as Captain EO, the personified sunrise.
The captain’s name „EO“ is derived from „Eos“, the Greek goddess of dawn. Jackson’s film, directed by George Lucas, has been a Disney attraction in 4D since 1986, a science fiction space adventure about the young Captain EO and his mission to save the world from the evil. EO, who „brings light and beauty“ fulfills his mission and celebrates a „triumphant victory of good over evil“. 4
The „dawn“ of Jackson in his role as Captain EO is only a fragment among all the sun symbols with whom the King of Pop had surrounded himself throughout his career.
The Sunrise and The Moonwalker. Michael Jackson and Captain EO
„Dawn and Dusk. It’s a certain Magic about it.“
The magical sunrises of the Moonwalker. Jackson, who had chosen the sun as a symbol and danced in the moonlight, explained in an interview in 1983:: 5
„My god, it’s dusk. The moon is out. The most beautiful part of the day. I can see some of the stars coming out. Very Beautiful, everything comes to LIFE. The Fireflies are in the trees. Everything’s becoming magic. It’s … it is I would say my favorite part of the day. Dawn and dusk. It’s a certain magic about it. It does seem that everything starts to prey up on the night. Everything starts to come out. Be it the creatures. The birds that return to their nests. I love dawn also. Some psychologists say that .. that dusk for a lot of creative people you reach your alphastate subconcuisly you become more creative at certain parts of the day but for me it could be anytime you know. I just like creating there’s no special time. But this is REALY magic to me. It’s like a painting. It’s very artistic. It’s magic. ( Michael sings: „It’s so wonderfull …“) Just the sound of water is magic.It’s really beautiful. Just sitting here and relax.“
Jacksons Notes: „Sun is setting … then Night fall“
In the early 1980s, Jackson wrote down his ideas about the symbol of the sun, the sunset and the magic of the night for a film project or an upcoming interview: 6
Sun is setting and I must see the sunset from atop so I rush on top of the roof and my God, I become moved by the beauty of a sunset. Show the truth of its beauty on my expression how it inspires me in truth. Wind blows shirt and hair. Different locations of sunset. Talk about myself my dreams and what I want to do. Show me preparing to dance with (second?/record?) glove hat and quick step. Magic shots like a Fosse movie. Then Night fall the Magic of the Night now. The film MUST be too good to be true. like a fairy TAIL. Something out of a story book. The key is to get and do exactly what I see in my head.”
1991. The course of the sun on DANGEROUS: ENTRARE, EO, Sunking, Highnoon, Moon, EXITUS
The course of the sun is displayed on the DANGEROUS album cover by Michael Jackson from 1991: Light and darkness face each other on DANGEROUS. And then, in the painting on the album cover, the day dawns at the sunny Dog King at the ENTRARE.
Under the reign of this sunny, golden king the sun rises here. ENTRARE is written in stone beneath him, next to the column where the day begins and where everything begins. Here the dawn appears under the sign of (Jackson as) Captain EO. Captain EO, whose name is derived from the Greek goddess of dawn. Eos, the dawn, can be seen in the column with the sunrise on the horizon.
On the film poster of Jackson as Captain EO 7 from 1986 as well as on DANGEROUS from 1991 the sun rises over the horizons. In both of them Michael Jackson dominates the skyline:
On DANGEROUS, EO faces the moon in the west on the firmament. This is symbolically shown with the glove, the sign of the Moonwalker Michael Jackson, who makes the moon rise on his stage during the Moonwalk. The moon is the symbol of continual renewal. 8
„Dawn and dusk. It’s a certain magic about it.“
The story of Captain EO and his victory of light over darkness is not only told by Jackson’s 1986 film but also by his record sleeve DANGEROUS. And there is even more.
Captain EO and Dawn and Dusk in the history of Jackson
1978. A Brand New Day
A brand new day and a new beginning in Jackson’s career dawned in 1978 in the musical triumph of THE WIZ, which tells the story about victory of light over darkness after the liberation of African Americans from slavery and oppression. 9 The song „A Brand New Day“ marks the climax of the film and symbolizes a shining new beginning after the end of civil rights movements in the USA after darkness of racism and prejudice.
1981. CAN YOU FEEL IT? The Triumph
CAN YOU FEEL IT is the mother of all Michael Jackson films. Presented by The Jacksons, designed by Michael, the film shows the story of creation, overcoming darkness and new hope rising on the horizon at dawn until the bright light of the sun appears in its glory in the sky.
1983. Light and Darkness in Jackson Interview. „Dawn and Dusk…A certain magic“
Jackson experimented with the symbolism of light/ darkness, day/night even in an interview that he himself never published. Only here though did he explain his motives, while unfortunately in the following years he did not talk about the topic at all. 10
1986. Jackson and Captain EO, Greek Goddees for Dawn. Light triumphs over darkness
Captain EO was an 4D attraction in Disney’s amusement parks and is the cinematic space adventure of Moonwalker Michael Jackson in the role of Captain EO. When Captain EO appears, he personifies the rise of the sun. The Greek goddess of the morning sun gave Captain EO his name. Eos means dawn:
In Jackson’s story, light triumphs over darkness, day over night, good over evil. A day is offered in the Greek Walt-Disney way in the name of Jackson. Greek columns and a symbolic dawn appear in the sky as soon as the battle against the night is won.
1986. The Chase. Sun and Moon and Pepsi
Jackson’s commercial for Pepsi is more Jacksons film than commercial. The 1986 film starts with Jackson’s nighttime performance in the spotlight on stage. It continues with his escape from it, his escape from the paparazzi (Escape), his escape into art (a painting in which he „retreats“). All this happens during sunrise, but in the end, Jackson, the King of Pop, ends up back in the darkness of the night where he had escaped from: the spotlight on stage. And the night/day cycle is closed. That was a day in the life of the King of Pop.
Similar to his story in MOONWALKER.
1987. THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL. Nijinskij. Faun and Return of the light
Song number 2 on the BAD album. Only in live performances Jackson starts the song slowly. To describe it with his words from 2009, slowly 11
„Like you’re dragging yourself out of bed„.
No wonder when the dawn symbolically appears in the concert performance of THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL. In Jackson’s short film THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL and in his concert performance he shows an almost 80-year-old choreography with an element of time: Nijinskij danced it in 1912 after Debussy’s „Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun“. Nijinskij danced the figure of the slowly awakening faun on his rock. Nijinsky’s faun woke up slowly, as if he was dragging himself out of bed.
The faun symbolizes the return of light, dawn after darkness has been overcome. A spring-like new beginning after the darkness of winter. 12
1987. LIBERIAN GIRL and „African Sunrise“
Song number 4 on the BAD album. In the beginning of the song we hear bird voices announcing the dawn of a new day.
„A kind of African sunrise…“
explains Jerry Hey 2012, the musician involved in Jackson’s African daybreak. 13
1988. MOONWALKER and the Sun comes up
MOONWALKER is Jackson’s movie and daily life in cinema length. Darkness and evil dominates the story here in 1988, but in the end darkness is overcome once again and the sun rises in the shape of Michael Jackson. In Gold. COME TOGETHER.
1990. FOR ALL TIME: „Sun comes up on this new Morning“
Jackson worked on the song FOR ALL TIME during the recordings for the DANGEROUS album In 1990 . The song, which features the time in its title, was not released on DANGEROUS but on the anniversary album THRILLER25 in 2008.
The song FOR ALL TIME starts quietly. Daybreak sets in, accompanied by musical bird voices. Once the sun has risen on the horizon, the music is on full volume. Jackson sings:
„Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings“
When “ For all times “ approaches the end, Michael Jackson concludes the song with the words:
Moon shines down on this good evening
One warm kiss in the cold night air“
Jackson presented In FOR ALL TIME all elements of time: sun, moon, day, night, time … A sense of immortality
1991. DANGEROUS. Sun. Moon. The Course of the day
Viewed clockwise from the left on DANGEROUS: dawn begins and is followed by sunrise. The Sun King and the glittering sun are at the zenith until the moonlight appears for the moonwalker. Symbolized by the blue Birdqueen. The moon and the earth. Both circle the sun.
1993. REMEMBER THE TIME. The Night disappeares. The Sun rises.
Song number 5 on the DANGEROUS album already carries the time in its title.
In the short film accompanying the song, the sun finally rises when Jackson completely dressed in gold emerges from the dark ashes of a night-black hooded figure. Darkness is here again replaced by bright sunshine.
And over the Michael-Jackson-Sunrise in REMEMBER THE TIME the painting on his record cover DANGEROUS comes to life again:
Remember that time in REMEMBER THE TIME? Again it was night in Jackson’s film, but at daybreake dawn showed up in the sky.
Remember how at dawn the sun bent over the night and kissed her? (May the direction of the sun rising here also raise questions…)
Remember that time?
It was, like, 5:50 or so.
Something like that.
Maybe it was, uh…
1995. YOU ARE NOT ALONE And the „Daybreak“
Song number 9 on the HIStory album. If you listen carefully, you will discover with the first bars of the music in the song that the sun is rising on the horizon. Jackson accompanies the new beginning and sings the first lines:
„Another Day is gone“
Dawn and the course of a day are also hidden in the related short film: At first the day has not yet started. So Jackson lies on the ground, powerless. Half-naked. At his side his wife Lisa Marie Presley. No less naked. Presley bending over him.
Michael Jackson refers in his film to a painting about time: „Daybreak“. Painted in 1922 by Maxfield Parrish. In Jacksons film and in the painting the day still lies powerless on the ground as dawn rises over the horizon.
As the dawn then fades away, the day breaks out under a blue sky and in the figure of Jackson. Again Michael Jackson represents 1995 a new beginning with the new album.
„You are not alone. I’m here with you“.
The first lines of YOU ARE NOT ALONE could not be more appropriate for the relationship of the sun to the dawn.
The day passes in YOU ARE NOT ALONE and ends at sunset. But the MOONWALKER returns to the stage in a comeback, into the spotlight of the moon. Another cycle of time, which Jackson completes here in 1995.
„[…] and I asked him to pick up a few of his favorite books. „He choose this volume of paintings by Maxfield Parrish. He lived in a world of pictures.“
Photographer Todd Gray on Michael Jackson, 1981. 14
By the way, Jackson’s shortfilm YOU ARE NOT ALONE is ridiculed by critics. By doing so, they not only questioned his sexuality through these pictures, but they also made themselves look pathetic.
1995. HIStory Teaser. A Full Day in HIStory
The teaser is the commercial for the HIStory album. 15 Jackson announced with the movie his comeback in 1995. In his HIStory-Teaser not only the sun rises again but a whole day passes by until nightfall.
- Dawn. The imperial eagle spreads its wings, announcing the arrival of the King of Pop.
- Sun Rises. Blood red again rises the sun above the horizon in the HIStory teaser.
- The sun and the star. When the sun reaches its zenith, the star appears in the sky. (Two thousand years earlier, by the way, the Christian era also began with the appearance of a star).
- Dusk. At the end of the day, the triumph in Jackson’s HIStory teaser is perfect. The King of Pop was awarded with all military honours. Silence falls.
- Sunset. A kind of army (the King’s?) appears at sunset and organizes itself and the fans. Police violence tries to settle war-like situations before the star has his appearance on stage.
- Moon. In the darkness the cold blue moonlight falls on the Moonwalker. The King of Pop is back on stage in the spotlight of the moon.
That was a day in the HIStory of the King of Pop, in HIS story. In which the opposites day and night come together over him. JAM.
Jackson told the story of his Comeback in all the countries of the world in his aRt already in 1981 in his music film CAN YOU FEEL IT. THE TRIUMPH.
2001. INVINCIBLE Album. a Course of the day: From BREAK OF DAWN until Midnight in THREATENED
On Jackson’s last studio album in the new millennium the dawn breaks musically: With song number 4 a new day in Michael Jackson’s career begins in 2001: BREAK OF DAWN. . This is the name of the song in which bird voice announces the dawn. This in turn marks the new beginning of an era after a loud reckoning with the past in songs 1 to 3 (UNBREAKABLE/HEARTBREAKER/INVINCIBLE). 16 The rising of this day in the song BREAK OF DAWN is supported by flute music. Perhaps this is meant to be a quotation and here also awakes the faun from „Prelude de l’apres-midi d’un Faune“ by Claude Debussy, who was adored so much by Jackson, once again in 2001.
Song number 13 on Jackson’s album INVINCIBLE then announces the end of the cycle of time on the record/CD with the words of the lost children. The song LOST CHILDREN leaves Jackson with the words: 17
„It’s getting dark.“
Darkness finally ends the time on the album with the last song. THREATENED. A song dominated by midnight atmosphere.
Another cycle in the Michael Jackson style closes with this finale. Which he then unexpectedly announces as the beginning. Again:
„What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.“
2001. YOU ROCK MY WORLD. Sunrise
Jackson’s last short film from the INVINCIBLE album is a collection of all quotes from his career. The peacock is among them and the sun rises with the appearance of the star. In the middle of the night:
2001. Jackson and Captain EO. Shine again
On 7 and 9 September 2001 the King of Pop celebrated his 30th career anniversary. Together with his brothers he performed two concerts in Madison Square Garden in New York to remind us of how everything began in the career of Michael Jackson.
When Jackson appeared on stage from a dark place at the beginning of the concert, the sun rose with him. His „appearance“ was accompanied by the soundtrack of the movie „2001: A Space Odyssey“ from 1968. What an appropriate musical quotation this was for the appearance of the King in the year 2001.
By the way, the soundtrack „2001: A Space Odyssey“ belongs original to Richard Wagner. He wrote it around 1895 and called his piece „Sunrise“.
After the sun rose in 2001 with Jackson’s last concert of his career in the middle of the night at Madison Square Garden, CAN YOU FEEL IT started afterwards. Captain EO was back and with him the sun rose once again.
2009. THIS IS IT. BREAK O’DAWN. The attempt of a sunrise and the big Sleep
The last time Michael Jackson showed us the sunset in 2009 during the preparations for a concert series he called THIS IS IT. For the last time in the history of the King of Pop, sunbeams could be seen on the horizon in 2009. They illuminated the triumphal arc of the „M“ for Michael. The army of fans was on the move. But the crucial question arises when looking at this picture: CAN YOU FEEL IT?
The new filmed sequence of SMOOTH CRIMINAL for THIS IS IT 2009 starts with the entrance sign for a nightclub called „BREAK O’DAWN“. That means dawn.
The picture of the entrance sign „BREAK O’DAWN“ is a quote from a 1940 film with Humphrey Bogart. The title of that movie is „The Big Sleep.“ Sleep usually comes at night.
In Jackson’s next shot from 2009, the sun rises in THIS IS IT, symbolized by turning on a spotlight.
But the darkness was overwhelming this time. This time Michael Jackson did not overcome the darkness. His work from 2009 becomes his Schwanengesang. On June 25th 2009 Michael Jackson, King of Pop was declared dead.
The Destiny wanted it that the German cinema title of „The Big Sleep“ is: „Dead sleeps firmly“.
A „sunshower“ for Jackson, the moonwalker, for Captain EO
Sunflowers by the way according to Jackson’s former wife Lisa Marie Presley were his favourite flowers. He called her „happy flower“ and that’s why in December 2010 Presley invited Jackson’s fans to lay down sunflowers at his grave. „Sunshower“ she called the action, which led to a sea of sunflowers at the cemetery. 18
- Greene, Robert, THE 48 LAWS OF POWER, Auktionshaus Bonhams. 1998, A Joost Elfers Production. The book was in Jackson’s possession, and the handwritten notes about the Sun King’s image came from him. The book was auctioned off in 2011 . „You can play with images like these, weaving visual clues into an eccompassing gestalt (…) Establish a trademark like these to set yourself apart. Then take the game further: Find an image or symbol from the past that will neatly fit your situation, and put it on your shoulders like a cape. It will make you seem larger than life. „Because of the light it shines on the other stars which make up a kind of court around it, because of the just and equal distribution of its rays to all alike, because of the good it brings to all places, producing life, joy and action, because of its constancy from which it never varies, I chose the sun as the most magnificent image to represent a great leader.“ Louis XIV, der Sonnenkönig, Statement. „Look/ like Me and Military/Great on arm Band/ do this find an image“. Michael Jacksons handschriftlicher Kommentar zum Statement des Sonnenkönigs., A Penguin Book, https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19036/lot/262/
- Greene, Robert, THE 48 LAWS OF POWER, Auktionshaus Bonhams. 1998, A Joost Elfers Production
- Ryden, Mark, „Michael Jackson On The Wall“ Katalog zur Ausstellung, London, 2018.06., „Similar to paintings of Napoleon or Louis IV(sic?), I want this to feel like a monumental portrait of the King.“ Thames & Hudson, Page 57 unter npgshop.org.uk/products/michael-jackson-on-the-wall-hardcover-catalogue
- Jackson, Michael, Moonwalk, 1988, „Captain EO is about transformation and the way music can help to change the world. George came up with the name Captain EO. (Eo is Greek for „dawn.“) The story ist about a young guy who goes on a mission to this miserable planet run by an evil queen. He ist entrusted with the responsibility of bringing the inhabitants light and beauty. It’s a great celebration of good over evil.“ , Wilhelm Heyne Verlag, München
- Jackson, Michael in einem nichtautorisiertem Interview 1983/1984. Das Interview von 1984 in seinem Haus in Hayvenhurst/Encino hat Jackson nie veröffentlicht. 2010 erschien es im Internet.“ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WKFYivQ6sE
- Jackson, Michael, Handwritten Video Outline – Sunset Nightfall, . 15.06.2014, www.thememorabiliavault.com. On 15.06.2014, Jackson’s handwritten notes from the early 1980s were auctioned off on the Internet: “Michael Jackson handwritten video outline, on an 8.5 x 14 yellow sheet, written by Jackson for a video he was making with his personal videographer Steven Howell in the early to mid 1980s. https://web.archive.org/web/20140521191340/http://thememorabiliavault.com:80/MICHAEL-JACKSON-HANDWRITTEN-VIDEO-OUTLINE-LOT8.aspx
- Jackson, Michael, Captain EO, 1986, Captain EO From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Regie: Francis Ford Coppola. Story: George Lucas. Drehbuch: Michael Jackson und Francis Ford Coppola. Lead Role: Michael Jackson, Angelica Huston. Running Time: 17 minutes. 3D Disneyland atraction sind 1986 til now. Productioncosts: ca. 24 Millionen Dollar. The story of a fight between good and evil. Quelle: Cadman, Chris, Michael Jackson – The Maestro. The Definitive A-Z, Volume I: A-J , Wikipedia und https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_EO
- Butzer, Günter/Jacob, Joachim, Lexikon literarischer Symbole, 2012, Mond, J.B. Metzler, Stuttgart/Weimar, Seite 272
- Jackson, Michael in THE WIZ, Regie: Lumet, Sidney; Musik: Quincy Jones, Charlie Smalls. 1978; 2004.07.01., Characters: Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Richard Pryor, Nipsey Russell, Ted Ross. Musical and remake of „The Wizard of Oz“ with Judy Garland, 1939. The striking difference and therefore controversial for 1978 is the all black cast. Jackson played the Scarecrow, a stereotype of the character Jim Crow. The theme of THE WIZ is the re-establishment of human dignity, especially African-American dignity, and the hope for a bright new beginning. Jackson himself was coming of age at that time and began his bright solo career. Motown Productions, Universal PicturesMusical und Remake von „Der Zauberer von Oz“ mit Judy Garland, 1939. Augenfälliger Unterschied und damit kontrovers für 1978 ist die durchweg afroamerikanische Besetzung. Jackson spielt die Vogelscheuche Scarecrow, Stereotyp der Figur des „Jim Crow“, Spottfigur weißer Darsteller von Schwarzen auf amerikanischen Unterhaltungsbühnen, lange über das Ende der Sklaverei hinaus. Thema des Filmes THE WIZ ist die Wiederherstellung menschlicher Würde, speziell afroamerikanischer und die Hoffnung auf einen strahlenden Neuanfang. Jackson selbst wird zu dieser Zeit volljährig und beginnt seine ’strahlende‘ Solokarriere., Motown Productions, Universal Pictures.
- Jackson, Michael in einem nichtautorisiertem Interview 1983/1984. Jackson never published the 1984 interview at his home in Hayvenhurst/Encino. In 2010 it appeared on the internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WKFYivQ6sE
- Jackson, Michael in „Michael Jacksons This Is It“; DVD, 2009.10.28, The film shows the rehearsal for the upcoming concerts and the song THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL. Jackson explained musical director Michael Bearden how the beginning of the song should sound like: „Like you’re dragging yourself out of bed … You gotta let it simmer. It’s got a moment where it has to simmer. Just bathe in the moonlight. You have to let it simmer a bit, you know?“ SONY, MJJ Productions, AEG Live, Columbia Pictures; The Michael Jackson Company, LLC
- Beck, Wolfgang, Chronik des europäischen Theaters von der Antike bis zur Gegenwart, 2008, „Uraufführung des Ballets L’aprés-midi- d’un faune (Nachmittag eines Fauns, Musik: Claude Debussy) Choreography Václav Nijinkis (auch TR) by the Ballets Russes in Paris – one of the biggest Parisian theatre scandals.“, J. B. Metzler, Stuttgart, Weimar, Page 143
- Jackson, Michael, BAD 25 (CD/DVD) Spike Lee. 2012, DVD. Jerry Hey, Horn und Synth Arrangeur OFF THE WALL, THRILLER, BAD, Epic D (Sony Music), https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5275844/
- Gray, Todd, Michael Jackson – Fotografien von 1974 -1983 (Rockbuch), 07.12.2009, Edel Germany, Seite 124-125
- Michael JACKSON – HIStory ON FILM – VOLUME II, DVD. 1997, HIStory TEASER; Regie: Rupert Wainwright, MJJ Ventures/Sony Music Entertainment
- Jackson, Michael, BREAK OF DAWN, 10.30.2001, INVINCIBLE Album, SONY Music
- Jackson, Michael, THE LOST CHILDREN – Album INVINCIBLE, 10.30.2001. Two children are obviously alone in the forest at the end of the song and the end of the day. „It’s so quiet in the forrest. Look at all the trees! “„And all the lovely flowers!“ “It’s getting dark. I think we better go home now.“ Jackson’s three- or four-year-old son Prince Jackson was one of the children in the dialogue, the other Aldo Cascio, one of the youngest from the family Jackson had been friends with since 1984. Quite simply, this story is also a reminder to children to be at home before dark., SONY Music,
- MJ 777, Sunflowers For Michael Program, „Greetings MJ Fans … I thought you might like to know that he would want and deserves more than what is there and I had an idea…….Some may or may not know this but his favorite flower was the Sunflower. They made him happy because they looked happy to him, Thus, he called them “The Happy Flower”. When we were married, I would try and fill up rooms with them wherever he was. …. We can all cause a “Sun shower” if you will………..He deserves to be flooded and surrounded, LETS SURROUND HIM! Lots of Love,~LMP“ , http://www.mj-777.com/?page_id=3401